Tavern Puzzles are reproductions of a type of puzzle traditionally forged by blacksmiths to amuse their friends at country taverns and inns. Keeping with tradition, a museum-trained blacksmith has reproduced some of these antique designs as well as his own original designs. All the puzzles are handcrafted and individually assembled. Each puzzle is mechanical in nature; removal of the object piece does not rely on force or trickery.
The Tavern Puzzle Collection is divided into 8 difficulty groups. Group 1 is the simplest. The groups become progressively more difficult, ending with the most complex, Group 8.Group 1
- Reproductions of antique designs, with only a few steps. Our first and most familiar designs.Group 2
- Original designs. Basic, with only a few steps. Fun and easy to learn.Group 3
- More complex, with multi-step solutions. Straightforward, making them easy to teach and share.Group 4
- This group is also multi-step, but the moves are more interactive. Fun to demonstrate if you know how.Group 5
- Multi-step sequences with close tolerances. More perseverance than luck is needed.Group 6
- Be wary of false steps in the layered solutions. For the true collector.Group 7
- Requires a lot of concentration to master the large number of moves, and to handle the flexible chain.Group 8
- Our two most difficult puzzles, plus a reproduction of the oldest known puzzle in the world.
Look for your favorite Tavern puzzles by our SeriousPuzzles.com rating:
>> Beginner (Groups 1 & 2)
, Intermediate (Groups 3 & 4)
, Advanced (Groups 5 & 6)
, Extreme (Groups 7 & 8)More Related Sections:
>>List All (Alphabetical)