- Ship Size:10 x 6 x 5
Non-Toxic Foam Rubber, Non-Toxic Ink
5 yrs & up
Choking Hazard - Small Parts.
Not for children under 3 yrs.
Kites & Darts - 270pc Tessellation Classroom Pack
Serious Item Code: 4500
Unlike typical puzzles, there isn't a final picture to reach with the Kites & Darts Tessellation pack. The two different shaped pieces fit together in a unique geometric style that allows the puzzler to create an array of eye-catching patterns. These shapes, also known as Penrose tiles after their inventor, are famous among math heads everwhere! The pieces have small holes which indicate matching rules that force the patterns to be non-repeating. Among the many intriguing properties of these tiles is the way in which the Golden Ratio crops up over and over again.
The combination of art and math involved stimulates creativity; tessellations are simple enough for children as young as 5 but can be challenging and interesting for adults as well. Discover beautiful geometric patterns with almost endless variety.
- Pieces come two shapes, and 3 colors
- Pieces store neatly in a sturdy plastic tub with a lid
- ALL pieces are non-toxic foam rubber printed with non-toxic ink
- Extensive instructions with pattern examples and introductory information
- Example Lessons cover: Periodic & Aperiodic Matching Rules, The Golden Ratio & the Pythagorean Pentagram, and Penrose Tiles & Quasi-Crystals
This pack is perfect for classrooms or homeschooling!
This item is discontinued.
Customers who bought this also bought: